Raise your hands if you are…
or just plain Over It.
Every day there seems to be a new stress in life; the kids are sick, the cat peed on your clothes, the bills are late, and the car just broke down. Whatever the case is for you, you’re just feeling like you might lose your shit. I get it.
As much as it sucks, as much as you want to scream, pull your hair out and turn in your adult card and say nope. All the while knowing that you can’t.
I get it. I’ve have been there. Hell, I’m still there some days.
Life can be completely overwhelming and suffocating at times.
Life likes to kick you while you’re down.
Life is the biggest bitch you will ever meet.
It’s because of all those things why it’s important to touch base with yourself sometimes. Now now you dirty birdies get your head out of the gutter I didn’t mean it in that way. What I meant is during these times when you are so stressed you can’t think straight, take a step back, and evaluate the situation. Easier said than done I know. However when you are able to get yourself back from the situation you can gain some perspective on the situations.
Perspective and space can feel like a salve on your soul during tumultuous times. It can help you find yourself when you feel lost, and light the way ahead.
How the hell can I do that when I feel like I’m drowning you ask?
- Vent- Let it out! Get your best friend, the pastor at the church, or the dog next door, it doesn’t matter who (except your kids- that’s a no no) but let it out. All the frustration, all the hurt, all the anger. Let it go, it is poison to your mind and body.
- Exercise- If sweating out your frustrations calms your mind and soul, do it!
- Meditation- Ohm! In with the good, out with the bad.
- Writing it down- Sometimes visually seeing what you need to accomplish and when is a good way of clearing out your head, while at the same time keeping the information handy.
- Don’t stress about what you can’t change- This is a biggie! For instance if the kids are sick, there is not a thing we can do about it. We can’t rush it, we can’t kiss it and make it better (usually). Roll with the punches, do what you can for them when you can, otherwise let it be.
When you’re drowning what is the one thing you need? Air.
The weight of the world will hold you down if you let it.
Do not let it.
Find your air.
When you clear the clutter from your mind, gain your perspective, and find your air; you can do anything my friend.